Friday, September 4, 2009

International soccer games

There are a couple of very interesting international soccer friendlies on the go this evening including our own Bafana Bafana.

Some tricky match ups - here are my predictions.

England vs Slovenia
I don't think you can look beyond England here. They have it all in their favour and even though I don't like backing the Poms in anything I have put a few bucks down on them winning 2-0 and 3-0.

Germany vs. South Africa
This is one of those bets you place with your heart not your head but I am quite bullish on the chances for the South African boys. World Sports Betting is giving 4.5/1 for a draw and 10/1 on a South African win and I thought that neither of those are a bad bet to take.

I've then spread a few bucks around on the following "Correct score" bets:

2-0 (Germany) - 5/1
1-1 - 10/1
1-2 (In favour of South Africa) - 28/1

Holland vs Japan
I am indifferent on both these teams at the moment and maybe for a cheap and nasty punt I would put some money on Japan but nothing really jumps out at me

South Korea vs Australia
Australia being quoted at 2/1 to win seems like a pretty safe bet here.

No comments: